Maryburgh Amenities Company Ltd
Maryburgh, Highland, Scotland
HRI Architects have been appointed to review and develop options and possibilities for Maryburgh Amenities Company, incorporating renovation of the existing amenities centre and former primary school sites, together with masterplanning and regeneration of the adjacent public open space.
This initial concept concentrated on the existing amenities centre and explored its potential for regeneration, upgrading and conversion to address the needs identified by a community consultation exercise.
The concept proposals for the building aimed to provide:
- A multi-purpose double height space suitable for drama, film, low impact sport such as badminton, indoor bowls, fitness classes, and conferences, receptions and social events.
- Redeveloped changing facilities with associated fitness room complementing the heavily utilised sports field
- A new community cafe / snack bar with associated lounge / activity space, open throughout the day and with high visibility to / from the adjoining public open space and sports field
- Community enterprise spaces - provision of a small number of lettable units for local business start ups, community retail and community heritage
- Re-formation and enlargement of the adjoining open space and facilities to open the building up to the outside space for summer community events, fetes and music events